May 23, 2013

No excuses

I really have no excuses as to why I haven't been blogging like I've been telling myself. Yes, I do get busy. I am exhausted when I get home from work, but that's no real excuse to not make time to write. I told myself, as its one of my resolutions, that this year I would write more. I mean, sit down, and write! I've been struggling to write and explore for the past two years now. I used to write like crazy in middle and high school, then I stopped. I definitely know that when I stopped writing for myself in college its when I got to a dark period of my life. Now I feel like I'm finally re-emerging and becoming a bit like my old "high school me". Work is going well. Can you believe that I'm almost up for my 6 month review?! Next week! Yikes!!!! Time sure does fly by. A quick recap to how I've been progressing.

Financially
- Month by month I'm getting closer to paying off my car! If I stick to my plan I'll be done by February of next year! 4 months ahead of schedule.
- Down to my last credit card! Balance of $662! My plan of action is to have that sucker paid off by December of this year!
- I have an okay savings, not the greatest, but I've made a habit to "pay myself" first after bills, and it's sort of become addicting. More on that later.
- I finally opened a Roth IRA and started to read and learn about finance and investing. By the end of this year I'm going to be a power woman investing in the stock market!

Emotionally
- I'm definitely in a better place. No more nasty thoughts for now at least. I seem to have regained my self-confidence back.
- Anxiety is under control. Still a bit whacky every now and then. You can tell when its bad by looking at my nails. I'm a chronic nail biter. Although I've done an excellent job at not biting them in the past few months.

Physically
- I've been running for 12 weeks now. I feel incredible and great when I run! The focus has been on developing my cardio, breathing, and endurance. Not focusing on distance. I know it will come with due time. I've decided to take on the Beach Cities Challenge this year and look forward to completing those races.

I can't promise I'll blog soon or do so on a daily basis, but this is me stating that I can't be making excuses about my writing. I can't put it off. I need to set aside my anxiety of authorship and just write. I like to think that this is my first step towards writing freely without my anxiety inhibiting any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment