June 6, 2013

Budgeting to Maintain my Sanity

I have a huge confession to make. Once upon a time I had one too many credit cards. Yes, I was that irresponsible college student who refused to let her parents help her out. Sigh. BIG MISTAKE! Now I'm on the path, er road, to recovery and to set my credit score on track. I know only have one credit card, and two store credit cards. Even though I only use one store credit card on a monthly basis. I have been diligent about using it to purchase an item and paying it off in full. So now here's my monthly budget breakdown:

  • Car - 500
  • J. Crew - 50
  • Gas - 200
  • Savings - 450
  • Schools loans - 370
  • Internet - 20
  • Spending cash - 250
  • Misc (Gifts, etc) - 50
  • Capital One - 75
 My bills are relatively few, but I am trying to dig myself out of the whole of debt. I'm actually paying an extra $100 on my car payment. The monthly car payment due is $395 and change, so I'm set on track to pay off the car in about 8 months!

I came across this neat spreadsheet over at Gather Little by Little. I love that its detailed, but most of all that the spreadsheet is broken down by pay periods! Its exactly how I pay my bills.

For now I'm making progress. Baby steps for this gal, until her car and credit card are paid off, then its all my energies on paying off my school loans.

No comments:

Post a Comment