June 16, 2010

Coffee date dress

Next pattern for me will be the Coffee date dress found on Burda Style. I’ve actually been tackling this dress since my last year of college, but needless to say I’ve failed at it miserably time and time again. However, this time I will not fail and I will be successful! I found this really useful tutorial over at Grosgrain and I will pass on this very helpful tutorial. :) I recently bought some Michael Miller fabric on etsy in navy polka dots. I think it will turn out to be a gorgeous summer addition. I’ve been spotting lots of cute dress on modcloth.com and shopruche.com, but sadly student loans are crepping up on me so I can’t really afford to spend my extra cash on clothes. So my solution is to make more dresses myself, of course that also means buying muslin, because I always seem to mess up somehow. Actually now that I think about it I might just make a muslin mock up of the bodice since I seem to get stuck on that part a lot. Hopefully this goes smoothly and I can have a new dress by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment