June 12, 2012

Happy (early) birthday to me!

Saturday I spent my afternoon hanging out with my mom at one of our favorite shopping spots and enjoying coordinated musical water fountain spectacles. My birthday is less than a month away now (eeek!!) and typically my parents have adopted the system of "I'll take you shopping for your birthday present" versus surprising us with a gift. This past weekend turned out to be one of those times. We wandered in J.Crew in search of swim trunks for my nephew, and we came out with clothes for ourselves. My mom bought a gorgeous Jackie cardigan in creme and a pretty periwinkle blue vintage v-neck tee (bytheway, those tees are uber soft and comfy! I have a few myself.) I came away with my early birthday present and a piece in the J. Crew collection that I've had my eyes on for quite some time. Best part of my gift: I snagged it on sale!!! And I mean uber sale price! Like 70% off!!!!! I totally lucked out on this trench coat! I felt like it found me, versus me finding it. I turned around, and BAM!, it was right there in front of me. And it was the VERY last one in the store, and wait for it.....IN MY SIZE! Yes, I know who gets this excited over scoring an article of clothing on sale. This girl right here does! Now I'm excited for the summer to breeze on by quickly so I can wear in this fall. I'm already thinking up of outfits to wear my Matinee Trench coat.



p.s. I totally lucked out on the price, because online its only the red version on sale. Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

1 comment: