August 19, 2011

Summer 2011

Sadly, summer is almost over, which means back to school, and back to work. I have less than a week of just laying around, hanging out with the boyfriend, and devouring books like a wolf. :) This past summer I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to work for a great program in DC and I had a great experience. I spent 5 weeks in DC as a literature instructor/RA/"mom" to 13 amazing and brilliant rising high school seniors. Here a few of the highlights (via photo form) of this summer.
4 of July fireworks by the Iwo Jima Memorial

More fireworks. It was a great night, minus the copious amounts of mosquitoes!

C&O Canal. One of my fave trails in DC.

More C&O Canal

Planking by the WWII Memorial

Washington Monument & the ugly reflecting pool...oh right...its under renovation :(

A failed attempt at staying cool at the Monticello and bug bite free. 

Getting to walk out onto the balcony from which Obama and former US Presidents have given their inaugural speeches!

Visiting Princeton and falling in love all over with it. PhD Candidate?! I think so!
Not the most exciting pictures of this summer, but nevertheless the most significant for me. Dexter (my teddy bear) will be starting up his own blog in the coming days so excited! It was his first time to the East Coast. I promise his pictures will be more entertaining than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment