November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Thanksgiving is among us and y'all know what that means! The start of the holiday season. This year I'm opting for giving books instead of clothing or other random items, and for a select few practical items. But I'm getting off topic here. Here are a few things I am thankful for this year:

My family. Despite our ups and downs I love them to death. They all bring a smile to my face. My sisters are the best! My brothers are quirky and dorky, as brothers should be. My nephew cracks me up every time I see him. He also teaches me a lot about myself and others. My parents will be my parents, and I am grateful for how they raised me. Turns out I'm not that half bad.

My girls. We may all be separated by time zones, states, even continents, but somehow we still manage to support each other via text, email, phone calls, FB, etc. Thank you for helping me get through a rough patch or two. :)

My BFF. We have been through thick and thin. There has been times when I've had very close feelings to hate towards this person, but he is my better half. We may not be together now, but he has helped me through a lot. And for this I'm thankful. He has truly been a blessing in my life.

New friends, old acquaintances. Its amazing what they can do for you. Thank you for the late nights, chats, food runs, movie nights, shows, and helping me laugh at myself or at you at some point or another. :)

My life. I may moan, complain, and sometimes even whine about my life, but overall its not that bad. Sure things may not go as planned, but that's life for you. I have had some amazing opportunities to travel across Europe, live in Spain & DC, work on the East Coast, and meet some inspiring/incredible people. I have a nice job, a car that functions, a full belly, and my books. Sure I may not have my own apartment, but life could be sooo much worse than it is now.

Books. Yes, my books. Thank you for helping me cope with some pretty bad life experiences. Thank you for helping me understand myself better. Thank you for helping me reconcile who I am and where I come from. Without you, I don't know where I'd be!

No comments:

Post a Comment