December 29, 2011

Proclamation

I am my mother's daughter, there's no stopping me from doing what I want and achieving what I want in my life. Sorry mamí, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I am independent, fierce, and an intelligent grown woman. Whether or not you admit it or see it, makes no difference to me, because I refuse to be emotionally manipulated. I don't need your validation or your approval, although it would be nice, but I know that I'll never get it. And its perfectly okay, because the only one that needs to validate and approve me is, well, me. So this is my proclamation to myself that things will be different and its going to be all about me. No longer is caring about myself going to be selfish. I need to care about me, because I need to love myself and respect myself in order to get through life. So no more running away from my problems and issues. I gotta face them and work through them. How do I expect to be someone's mamí (one day in the distant future of course!) if I can't work through my own crap!? This is me being real with myself.  Life has not always been kind to me, but I can learn from it and take the good from the bad, no matter how painful it may be. My hope is that one day I can give back to others in whatever way, shape or form possible.

I must remember that I am amazing, gorgeous, intelligent, well read, indispensable, strong, capable, fierce, and most importantly that I am me no matter what changes I make. that's the beauty in life: change happens and its always on going. Its a continuous cycle. Must learn to embrace change and all that it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment