December 27, 2011

via KSNY
When I get into my world of reading this is how I feel like. Everything comes together. It all makes sense. Its just me and my book; no one else can come in. I feel as though nothing can make me unhappy for that instant. Reading has been my escape since I can remember. Now more than ever I understand why I've always read so much. The simple reason: to escape that which makes me unhappy. To escape my family life. To escape that which brings me down. So next time when you question why I read voraciously, remember that it means the world to me. It makes me happy. I'm elated after reading a good book. I may have my Supergirl tendencies when I read, but I want to make sure I remember the best bits and pieces of the books I've read. I don't want to lose that which has become a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment