February 21, 2012

First of Many

A few days ago I finally took the plunge and got my first tattoo. I have been wanting one for years now. I've had the money for a while, but I actually went through with it. I must admit I was scared and nervous when I arrived at the tattoo artist's house. I even got more nervous when my bestie called and told me to remember to breathe and relax. (He has several tattoos himself.) This really started to psyche me out. I began to wonder if I could go through with this and really get one. Turns out I really do have more cajones (or 'balls' as they say in Mexico) to get one. I have experienced adrenaline rushes before, but never like the one I acquired post tattoo. This adrenaline rush lasted for over 3 days! I felt great, I felt like I could conquer and do whatever I set my mind to. Actually, my tattoo has a big significance for me, especially at the stage of my life that I am at right now. However, that's a story for another day. For now I leave you with a picture of my first tattoo. I'm already thinking of how I want my next tattoo, which will be a tribute to my favorite band since I was in middle school!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! Whoever did it, did a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! i'm thinking of getting a calavera or something similar soon, I just need to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete