February 14, 2012

V-day

Valentine's Day is upon once again. I usually cringe, and I might just be cringing again, on the inside. I honestly have very low expectations on this Hallmark holiday of them all. The only times I've ever even had a decent V-day have been as a single lady. Wait, does this mean this year won't be that bad?!I always have this ridiculous idea of what V-day should be like in head, but it has yet come to fruition. Maybe that's the problem. I've let Hollywood ruin my idea of what Valentine's day should be like. So instead I'm just going to enjoy the day for what it is and let all my close friends know how much I love and cherish them. Even if at times I wanna scream at them and jump up and down to let them know they are making a mistake. I know this feeling can be easily reciprocated on me. This year I mailed out Valentine's day cards to all my close girl friends. And you know what?! It feels great to know that a few of them feel appreciated and great that they received a card from me. Some even have grown used to expecting a card from me in the mail. I guess it is the small things in life that make life a bit more bearable. I don't expect much from anyone really. A part of me is so used to being left out and forgotten (one of the issues I'm working on, and I believe it has to do a bit with me being the middle child) that if I don't receive anything back I'm okay with it! Because I know that I brought a smile to one of my best friend's life's, and she's been going through a tough time since we graduated.

I forgot what the point of my post is, other than I'm okay with being single and alone on V-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment