September 1, 2011

Crafty Saturday

Last Saturday night El Novio went out to see a show with some friends and I stayed home and participated in illicit domestic activities. No, not really. You see, I'm a bit odd in that I enjoy very much sewing, cooking, laundry, DIYs, and anything else that screams DO-MES-TIC! I'm not quite sure why I enjoy it so much, could it be my perverse mentality that being a domestic is what I should be? Or the fact that I take pleasure in having a sort of dying skill set? Je ne sais pas! All I know is that it doesn't matter. What does matter is that I enjoy being me and only me. I mean, why bother trying to be someone else, when there is only one me! So after a few hours of being on my sewing machine and watching re-runs of Melissa & Joey the following items are some of the products of being crafty on a Saturday night.
I started this skirt last year, which was meant to be a full skirt, and I redid it and made it into a straight skirt.
 *I was uber lazy and inserted an elastic waistband on my skirt. Don't matter 'cuz it looks good! :)
I made my nephew a nifty fabric number book.

Shot of the cover of said book.
*This fabric number book literally sat in my stash for over a year. They were going to toss this out at work and I salvaged it. Took it home and washed it. And now...bada-bing bada-boom! Benjamin gets a one of a kind number book!

Also, does anyone know how to change the settings on Photo Booth so it does inverse the pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment