October 22, 2011

10 things my mamí never told me (and I wish she had)

Lately, I've been into lists. It seems to help sort out my thoughts and write. So here goes another round of a list.

10 things my mamí never told me (and I wish she had)

  1. The feeling you get in your vajayjay means that you are sexually aroused. No, it does not mean something is wrong with you; it means you are a healthy, normal young lady. And touching yourself does not making an indecent girl, it simply means that you are exploring your body.
  2. Periods are a part of life. It doesn't get easier, but you grow accustomed to it.
  3. Engaging in coitus is not bad, however it must be done wisely and not just with anybody.
  4. Sympathy is a necessary skill in life, however empathy is an even greater one. Learn to not only sympathize with people, but also empathize with them.
  5. I don't have to bottle in all my feelings. Occasionally disclosing how I feel and what I think is not the end of the world. It means that I am an individual with valid honest feelings.
  6. The world is not as scary as it seems. Yes, bad things happen, but for the most part its happy, joyous moments you get to relish in.
  7. When things get tough it is OKAY and perfectly fine to just cry and let it all out. No, it does not mean that you weak, yes it does mean that you are vulnerable, but in the end sometimes its nice to just cry out your frustrations.
  8. You can't do everything by yourself. You need that support and network of the people you love around you. No matter how much you try to feign that you can do it, sometimes you just can't. 
  9. Falling in love does not make you frail. It means you've found your BFF, your better half, tu media naranja. And yes, it's fine to love that person with every fiber in your body. So go ahead, fall in love, get hurt, love that person some more; you'll learn and grow from it more than you could ever imagine.
  10. Be yourself. You cannot ever be duplicated. Enjoy life! Live life! And most importantly, learn to love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment