January 22, 2012

10 things I'm proud of

Lately I've had accomplishments stuck on repeat in my head. I've been thinking about it constantly and I can't seem to let it go. Being proud of myself has been something I've struggled with for years, but I'm finally coming to terms that its okay to be proud of my accomplishments. This whole being humble thing is okay, but it doesn't make me feel good or validate who I am or what I've done. So here goes 10 things that I'm proud of

  1. Graduating from a prestigious US university. Yes I did it! I made it against all odds that are stacked against me for being a female, minority student. I'm proud to bleed that lovely Hoya Blue & Grey!
  2. Being accepted into USC. It was my first love school freshman year of high school and now I'm a graduate student working on my Masters.
  3. Living abroad in Spain for a year, studying, and working. 
  4. Backpacking throughout Europe on my own and coming back in one piece.
  5. Running the LA Marathon as a junior in high school. It was grueling mentally and physically and I did it!!!
  6. Being a semi-car owner. Almost done paying it off! 
  7. Owning close to 200 books in my personal library.
  8. Proud owner of virgin hair! I've never dyed it in my life! Or put it through any sort of chemical process.
  9. I own over 40 cardigans/sweaters!
  10. Taking on the challenge to conquer Nike Hill. One day I will run to the top and back down without stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment