January 17, 2012

meltdowns.

Last Sunday I had a bad case of grad school meltdown and I couldn't focus. I literally overwhelmed myself into the point of crying in my bed. I could not snap out of it. Everything seemed to be going wrong. Internet was slow. Fedex Kinko's did recognize my PDF file, thankfully a friend works there was able to fix that problem. Starbucks did not help my mood (patrons hogging tables and chairs when they weren't even using them!) It felt like the world was conspiring against me. Not even poor Dex' could make me feel better. I must have spent at least a good 2 hours in bed under the covers crying and feeling bad for myself. In my 13+ years of going to school this has almost become a part of my routine. It always happens at some point or another, or at several points. I wonder when my next one will be!?

The bright side to my meltdown is that I actually read ahead in one of my classes. So I'm already working on week 2 assignments and reading; and I haven't even gone to my week 1 class!

Silver lining in my cloud: even in the midst of a meltdown there are sunny skies and happy times ahead. Now if I can manage to remind myself that every time I have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment