January 5, 2012

Letter from a Dear Old Friend

I came across this email from an old friend who is very near and dear to me. Sadly I've lost contact with her and she's fallen upon some rough patches of herself. But the point of this is that she saw in me what I'm seeing in myself now. This was written back in December of 2006. Funny I was just thinking/contemplating/remembering a lot of these topics last night and early today in the morning. The letter is unedited and uncensored on my part. Completely honest letter from a great friend. I need to keep in mind a lot of what she mentions, another step towards healing and 'becoming.'

Enjoy life sweetie. We're young. Once our youth is gone, we can't have it back. Remember Mountain View's motto? Carpe Diem. Seize the day and enjoy the moment. Thinking too much on the past and future freak me out, too. Trust the girls more than the guys. Girls with save your butt, guys will only want to (Edna coughs, trying to ignore the f-word) it. Plan ahead with patience and diligence. I deserve a lot for what I've gone through, and so do you. Take any hurt you have from within by confessing it to someone you trust who is a girl/woman. You'll feel better (and more girlie). Don't let any boy or anything take away your dreams. You deserve every single bit of your dream to come true, especially when you put a lot of devotion into school during high school. You're a strong woman and I saw that in you in high school. Just don't run away from your problems. Remember you changed high school because of Agueda and what she had to say? Be who you are and letting someone change you only grants you insecurity. Have confidence and strive. Avoid the naughty boys for right now. Boys don't know what they want right now. They only want to practice at a young age. Find a man who respects you and himself. A woman doesn't let ANY man fuck with her. Remember the "Adam and Eve" story in the Holy Bible? Eve had the power to sin; therefore, she must have the power to control it. Take care. Don't flush any dream down the toilet. Patience with a smile is an important key to success. Always remember to smile, no matter what. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment